Last week, we passed along the Variety report that Summit Entertainment had signed Spanish director Juan Antonio Bayona to direct The Twilight Saga’s Eclipse, the third film in the franchise. Turns out that Vanity jumped the gun a bit, and that the final decision on a director is yet to be made.
Erik Feig, President of Production at Summit Entertainment told the L.A. Times “The Eclipse directing job hasn’t been offered to Juan Antonio or anyone else. We’ve met with three or four talented filmmakers and we’ll be meeting with three or four more other candidates before we make any decision. No one has been offered the job.”
This doesn’t mean Bayona won’t get the director’s job, just that he’s one of several who are under consideration.
The studio recently gave Eclipse a release date of June 30, 2010.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009