Borderlands Books is reporting that Zones Of Chaos, the collection of Mick Farren’s poetry, prose, journalism and more that Borderlands published in November under the imprint Red Snake Press has received a starred review from Publishers Weekly in December.
Here’s what Publisher’s Weekly had to say: “Michael Moorcock’s introduction describes this hallucinatory concoction of Farren’s poetry, song lyrics, essays, short fiction and social commentary as a display case of his obsessions from demons to dope to the dangers and rewards of remaining alive in an increasingly berserk universe. In ‘Enter the Swordmaid,’ vampire Victor Renquist encounters a woman with a sentient sword and gets a nightmarish glimpse into another dimension. ‘The Voodoo Chile Experience’ is a psychedelic roller-coaster ride through extreme user fatal video gaming. ‘Jailhouse Rock’ chronicles Farren’s experiences in a Van Nuys jail during a major California earthquake. A 1975 comic book entitled ‘Rock & Roll Madness’ shows an aging Elvis-like character becoming president. Farren is equal parts drug-crazed madman and poetic prophet, and his work both predates and transcends modern bizarro apocaliterature.”
If you haven’t already picked up a copy, you can get ’em here at Borderlands Books (866 Valencia St.
San Francisco CA 94110), signed by Mick Farren, for $14.95.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013