Normally, Writer’s Talk interviews authors for their show, but this Halloween they did something a little different. They ran a dramatization of Gary A. Braunbeck’s ghost story “Return to Mariabronn,” and we were offered the opportunity to include this one on Hellnotes. Couldn’t pass that up. “Return to Mariabronn” is a selection from award-winning editor Ellen Datlow and award-nominated author and editor Nick Mamatas’ recent horror anthology Haunted Legends.
Braunbeck’s work has received the International Horror Guild Award, the Bram Stoker Award, and the Best Fiction Collection Award from Cemetery Dance. “Return from Mariabronn” is an eerie, updated take on the phantom hitchhiker urban legend — a classic story that has been told around the campfire for generations.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013