The i’s have it.
The “it” they have is Weird Horror Tales, the first of a trilogy of braided horror novels by Michael Vance set in the outré town of Light’s End, Maine. And the “it” that has Weird Horror Tales is iPulpFiction, a cloud-based reading service that publishes classic and contemporary short stories that are accessible from any device with an up-to-date browser and an Internet connection including i-phones, i-pads, and ay-yi-yi, most everything electronic.
Weird Horror Tales offers 13 harrowing stories of horror and suspense in the tradition of H. P. Lovecraft and Ray Bradbury, both of whom were prominent writers for the pulp magazines of the ‘20s, ‘30’s, ‘40s. and ‘50s. It is a perfect fit for the iPulpFiction site that includes stories from pulp titles including The Spider, Horror Tales, Amazing Stories, Astonishing Strories, and All Story Love.
The location for Vance’s trilogy is the desolate, rocky coast of Maine where squats the uncanny, isolated town of Light’s End. Built along a metaphysical fault line between order and chaos, it is the setting for horror and depravity. There is something lurking behind the white picket fences of Light’s End and in the shadows of August Street. For here, amidst the age old Victorian houses and the New England traditions of its citizens broods a dark secret, a religious cult which infects every aspect of life.
The first of these thirteen stories, “Picked Clean,” is set in the year 1653, and can be found at iPulpFiction. Just type in the title in the site’s browser.
Vance has written for national and international magazines, and as a syndicated columnist and cartoonist in over 500 newspapers. His history book, Forbidden Adventures, has been called a “benchmark in comics history.” Vance briefly ghosted an internationally syndicated comic strip, wrote his own strip and several comic books. He is listed in the Who’s Who of American Comic Books and Comic Book Superstars.
IPulpFiction also offers classic stories in Super Science Stories, Black Mask, Kolchak, Rangeland Romances, Horror Tales and many, many other titles.
So, the next time you’re in the mood for fun in the form of prose, keep your eye out for IPulp.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013