The Weekend of Horrors returns to Los Angeles for its 25th year, Saturday and Sunday, May 14 and 15, with the gory best of terror talent from both film and TV. This fright-filled weekend event will be held at the LAX Marriott Hotel, 5855 West Century Blvd., Los Angeles.
Headliners will include: Robert Englund, the beloved star of the Nightmare On Elm Street movies, who will talk about his upcoming role in Behind The Mask: The Rise Of Leslie Vernon; and John Carpenter, the legendary horror/sci-fi director of Halloween, The Fog, and Escape From New York in a rare public appearance. Asia Argento, actress, director and writer from The Stendhall Syndrome will make her Weekend of Horror’s debut, and legendary star from Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds and Marnie Tippi Hedren will appear on stage.
Adam Malin, Creation Entertainment Co-CEO, said, “Creation Entertainment has been celebrating the bloody best in dark entertainment with our attendees for 25 years now, and we’ve put together a frighteningly fantastic array of horror celebrities, writers, artists and production people under one roof. It’s literally to die for!”
Several star-packed presentations scheduled for the weekend include:
- Behind The Mask: The Rise Of Leslie Vernon panel with star Robert England and cast members
- Halloween panel with director John Carpenter and cast members Nancy Loomis (Assault On Precinct 13, The Fog) and Charles Cyphers (The Fog, Escape From New York)
- 25th Anniversary of Demons panel with director Lamberto Bava, special effects/makeup expert Sergio Stivaletti and cast members Bobby Rhodes (known as “Tony the Pimp”) and Geretta Geretta (Rosemary in Demons)
- The Stendhall Syndrome panel with the star Asia Argento and others
Also, scary favorites not to be missed include: Lance Henriksen, Tom Savini, and appearing in a special Creature Panel will be Fred M. Andrews, award winning production designer and Daniel Bernhardt, star of Blood Is Blood, Aka Lockjaw, and Mortal Kombat Conquest.
Joining this year’s convention will be MTV’s Death Valley, a scripted horror-comedy that captures the exploits of the men and women of the Undead Task Force (UTF) – an elite branch of the LAPD that was formed when the San Fernando Valley became overrun by zombies, vampires and werewolves. Panel will be hosted by Ted Raimi, director/actor/writer, and will feature the series ensemble cast Caity Lotz from Mad Men, Bryce Johnson from Sleeping Dogs Lie, Texas Battle, Charlie Sanders from Funny Or Die and the producing team Julie Kellman Reading (EP), Austin Reading (EP), Eric Weinberg (EP) and Spider One (Co-EP).
A steady stream of indie filmmakers will come together and speak about their experiences and give tips including: Mike Flanagan, Absentia; Dustin Warburton, Taste, Strange Things And Mortician’s Food; David Reda, Horror Of Our Love, and James Ryan Gary, Devil’s Crossing.
Join the cast and crew of the Subspecies: The Epic Collection for a look back in an informal question and answer session. Participants will be Andres Hove, Ted Nicolaou and Denice Duff.
On Saturday, May 14 at 6:45 PM, Weekend of Horrors will host a Creepy Costume Contest on that will offer prizes to the winners.
Weekend of Horrors is sponsored by Rue Morgue, Horrorhound Magazine, 100 Years of Monster Movies, Coffin Case, Screamfest Horror Film Festival and Dreadcentral.com and produced by Creation Entertainment, a leading entertainment marketing and merchandising company.
General admission tickets are $25 on Saturday, and $20 on Sunday and available in advance through Weekend of Horrors or at the door. Tickets for children 7-12 are $10 at the door only, and children six and under are free with parent or guardian. Show hours are Saturday, 10 AM – 7 pm, and Sunday, 10 AM – 6 pm. For further information, call Creation Entertainment, 818/409-0960 or visit Weekend of Horrors.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013