The Horror Writers Association (HWA), the premier organization of writers and publishers of horror and dark fantasy and home of the iconic Bram Stoker Awards®, has launched a new promotion campaign for the horror, dark fiction and occult genre – Horror Selfies. The campaign highlights the exceptional work, both literary and cinematic, produced by the horror genre.
Inspired by the popular “Say it with a Sign” meme—used by everyone from Ellen DeGeneres and Jon Bon Jovi, to David Beckham and Princes William and Harry—the HWA is utilizing the vast reach of social media to provide a platform through which people can tell the world why they love horror.
Authors and readers, actors and directors, fans and followers, are invited to submit a selfie to www.HorrorSelfies.com in which they hold a sign encouraging others to read horror/dark fantasy, to watch horror movies, or to write horror. Additionally, we are encouraging people to promote literacy and reading among children and Young Adults, or to support a local library in their Horror Selfies.
At the end of October a random selfie will be selected and the winner will get a whole swag of signed horror novels!
ANYBODY CAN POST A SELFIE. You’ll be able to see your post and easily SHARE it widely through many social media platforms
- JournalStone’s Amazon only e-book holiday sale! - December 14, 2014
- Mary SanGiovanni’s Latest Limited Edition Chapbook ‘No Songs for the Stars’ Has Been Released! - October 18, 2014
- Jamais Vu Issue 3 – Magazine Review - October 18, 2014
- Nevermore Publicity is set to re-launch on Friday 10/10/14! - October 18, 2014
- Apex Publications Is Set To Give Us ‘War Stories’ - October 17, 2014
- Dark Horse Is Set To Give Us Richard Corben’s ‘Rat God’ - October 17, 2014
- Disordered Minds – Book Review - October 17, 2014
- Where All Light is Left to Die: A Collection of Darkness – Book Review - October 16, 2014
- We Want Your Horror Face! - October 16, 2014
- Demons Come To New York - October 15, 2014