IFC Midnight has announced the release of We Are What We Are, a remarkable reinvention of the horror genre – a visceral and powerfully emotional portrait of a family bound by a terrible secret and driven by monstrous appetites, from Jorge Michael Grau.
Description: After their father dies in the street, the devastated family is confronted not only with his loss but with a terrible challenge – how to survive. They are a family of cannibals who have always existed on a diet of human flesh provided by the father. Now that he is gone, who will hunt? The task falls to the eldest son, Alfredo, a teenage misfit who seems far from ready to accept the challenge… But without human meat the family will die.
Focusing on a moment of crisis in a family of cannibals with stylistic panache and surprising humanity, We Are What We Are was one of the discoveries of the 2010 Cannes Directors’ Fortnight, before playing at the New York Film Festival and Fantastic Fest, where it won the Next Wave competition for Best Film and Best Screenplay.
We Are What We Are will be in select theaters starting Friday, February 18th and will be available nationwide on demand from IFC Midnight, via Comcast, Cox, Cablevision, Time Warner, and Bright House starting February 23rd.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013