In Fall 2010, some of the nation’s New York Times best-selling thriller authors will deploy to the Persian Gulf on a week-long USO tour to visit and uplift troops. The tour, fittingly entitled Operation Thriller, will kick off with a special visit to Washington, D.C., where the group will visit with troops at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and National Naval Medical Center. The group will then fly to the Persian Gulf to talk fiction, inspire, spread cheer and, most importantly, show their heartfelt gratitude.
Participating in what will be their first USO tour, the authors will visit multiple posts, sign autographs, pose for photos and distribute advance copies of their upcoming novels.
The participating authors:
- Steve Berry (The Paris Vendetta, The Charlemagne Pursuit and The Venetian Betrayal, among others)
- David Morrell (First Blood, in which Rambo was created, and The Brotherhood of the Rose)
- Doug Preston (The Monster of Florence and Relic, which later became a number one box office hit)
- James Rollins (Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and the Sigma Force series)
- Andy Harp (A Northern Thunder)
From July 7-10, 2010, the authors attended ThrillerFest V, a four-day celebration of thriller books organized by the International Thriller Writers, where they announced their upcoming USO tour.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013