Mondo Music label Death Waltz Recording Company announces its release of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me on vinyl for the 25th anniversary of David Lynch’s nightmarish cinematic continuation of the beloved television series. The vinyl features Angelo Badalamenti’s gorgeous, eerie score with audio approved by the composer, and director David Lynch-approved artwork by Sam Smith and packaging by Jay Shaw. The clever design is the perfect complement to Death Waltz’s release of the Twin Peaks score on vinyl from 2016. The soundtrack will be available for purchase on January 25 at Mondotees.com.
Alamo Drafthouse is also celebrating the film’s anniversary and soundtrack release with screenings of Fire Walk With Me at select locations nationwide. The screenings will take place in January, with optional ticket bundles including the 2XLP soundtrack. Visit drafthouse.com for tickets and more details. There will also be a pop-up show at The Regent Theater in Los Angeles. Visit theregenttheater.com for tickets and more details.
“Fire Walk With Me is an altogether more brooding affair than the Twin Peaks series soundtrack. Badalamenti won a grammy for the title track of this LP and it’s not hard to see why – it’s dangerous, and bursting with smokey jazz thanks to Jimmy Scott. We went back to the master tapes in the Warner Archives and had this recut to fit across two LPs as the score clocks in at 51 minutes. It sounds incredible and punchy, but super-nuanced too,” said Mondo Record Label Manager Spencer Hickman.
“The simple truth is that, for years, too few people had heard the score because the film had been so widely, wrong-headedly dismissed. Today, Fire Walk with Me is recognized as a lost classic, and Badalamenti’s music is right at the heart of its reassessment. Having loved it from the outset (I gave the film a rare rave review on its first release), I remain utterly devoted to this superb soundtrack album, and to the shimmering visions which it still conjures up after more than two decades of delirious, devoted listening,” film critic Mark Kermode (excerpt from the liner notes).
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP
Music by Angelo Badalamenti
Artwork by Sam Smith
Layout & Design by Jay Shaw
Vinyl Artwork/Images (art by Sam Smith, design by Jay Shaw)
- Director-approved artwork
- Composer-approved audio
- Sleeve notes By film critic Mark Kermode
- Vinyl re-master by Tal Miller at Warner Archives
- Laquers cut by David Cheppa at Plush Vinyl
- 2 x 180G Cherry Pie vinyl
- 425gsm Gatefold sleeve housed inside a bespoke black die cut outer jacket with black spot varnish finish, complete with obi strip.
01. Theme From Twin Peaks – Fire Walk With Me (6:40)
02. The Pine Float (3:58)
03. Sycamore Trees (3:52)
04. Don’t Do Anything (I Wouldn’t Do) (7:17)
05. A Real Indication (5:31)
06. Questions In A World Of Blue (4:50)
07. The Pink Room (4:02)
08. The Black Dog Runs At Night (1:45)
09. Best Friends (2:12)
10. Moving Through Time (6:41)
11. Montage From Twin Peaks – Girl Talk / Birds In Hell / Laura Palmer’s Theme / Falling (5:27)
12. The Voice Of Love (3:55)
- ‘Snatchers’ Brings Horror To Comedy On go90! - June 24, 2017
- NECA Brings Us A New Ash From ‘Ash vs Evil Dead!’ - June 24, 2017
- Elvira Joins Funko’s Rock Candy Line! - June 24, 2017
- Hulu Announces The Cast For The Second Season Of ‘Freakish’ - June 23, 2017
- Fans Of ‘Slither’ Will Want To Check Out This New Collector’s Edition! - June 23, 2017
- Two Brothers Shoot for Fame but Find Only Infamy in the Butcher Bros.’ ‘A Beginner’s Guide to Snuff’ - June 23, 2017
- This New ‘Preacher’ Clip Shows “The Search For God: Day One” - June 22, 2017
- ‘The Creep Behind The Camera’ Tells The Story Of How ‘The Creeping Terror’ Was Made! - June 22, 2017
- ‘Phenomena,’ Better Known As ‘Creepers,’ Is Due This September On Blu-Ray! - June 22, 2017
- “I Came For You” In The Latest ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Clip! - June 21, 2017