The American Cinematheque at the Egyptian Theatre will present the Los Angeles Premiere of sci-fi comedy Trail of Screaming Forehead (2007, 84 min.) on Thursday, September 20th at 8:00 PM. A follow up to The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra!, it’s a spine-tingling story of a small coastal town besieged by foreheads from outerspace. The film is presented by special effects wizard Ray Harryhausen and will include a discussion afterwards with the cast and crew.
On September 21 – 22 is a two night in person tribute to cult director Jack Hill, the initiator of the 70s women-in-prison genre and one of the filmmakers who helped to define what came to be known as Blaxploitation films. Rare, archival prints of Spider Baby and Pit Stop will screen with director Jack Hill, actors Sid Haig, Beverly Washburn, Quinn Redeker, Karl Schanzer and cinematographer Al Taylor in person. The second night is a double feature of Switchblade Sisters and Coffy, starring Pam Grier (who got her break from Jack Hill).
All screenings are at the Lloyd E. Theatre at the historic Egyptian (6712 Hollywood Boulevard between Highland and Las Palmas) in Hollywood. Tickets are available on Fandango. Guests subject to availability.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009