The comic book industry took another significant step into the future recently, as Top Shelf Productions now offers its award-winning library of graphic novels for sale in digital form through two dedicated apps – one for general readers and one for kids.
Additionally, this week Top Shelf expands the availability of its books across multiple digital platforms, for every device. As the publisher of popular books such as From Hell, Essex County, and Owly, Top Shelf breaks new ground as the first “indie” or “alternative” publisher to offer such a substantial catalog of digital graphic novels.
To celebrate, Top Shelf is offering five keystone graphic novels at radically reduced digital prices – as low as 99 cents! – for the next week. What’s more, a newly remastered edition of Jeff Lemire’s Lost Dogs makes its Top Shelf debut this week as a digital graphic novel.
The flagship of this launch is a pair of new apps, developed by industry leader Comixology, available now for Apple devices: Top Shelf Productions (featuring the full lineup of books) and Top Shelf Kids Club (focusing specifically on comics for all ages). They can be downloaded here:
At the same time, Top Shelf graphic novels are also now available through Comixology, Graphicly, Comics+ by iVerse, Apple iBooks, and Google Books. More titles will continue to roll out on every platform in the days to come, including the Nook and Kindle Fire devices, as well as the Diamond Digital program which partners with comic shops. New “buy digital” buttons now appear throughout the Top Shelf Website, offering easy access to digital editions in every available format.
In the wake of this major expansion, anyone with a computer screen, smartphone, or tablet device can take home Top Shelf’s award-winning and life-changing library of graphic novels. And with this week’s sale prices, jumping in has never been easier – five of the most popular Top Shelf graphic novels collectively cost less than $10.
Special launch week Sale Prices – Top Shelf keystone books! Get all 5 for $9.95!
- $1.99 for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: 1910 by Alan Moore & Kevin O’Neill
- $1.99 for Owly (Book 1) by Andy Runton
- $0.99 for Johnny Boo (Book 1) by James Kochalka
- $1.99 for Clumsy by Jeffrey Brown
- $2.99 for The Surrogates by Robert Venditti & Brett Weldele
These prices apply in every digital store – try whichever you like!
In addition, the Top Shelf apps feature such contemporary classics as From Hell by Alan Moore & Eddie Campbell and Essex County by Jeff Lemire, new critical darlings like Infinite Kung Fu by Kagan McLeod and Lucille by Ludovic Debeurme, and stellar full-color kids’ books like Incredible Change-Bots by Jeffrey Brown and Okie Dokie Donuts by Chris “Elio” Eliopoulos. All use Comixology’s “Guided View” technology for a carefully curated panel-to-panel reading process on small screens, or full-page views on large screens. And, like all Top Shelf’s digital comics, they are priced very affordably.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013