Tachyon Publications has announced the August 2008 release of a new edition of Tim Powers’ classic novel, The Stress of Her Regard.
A novel of secret histories and dark revelations, The Stress of Her Regard is the tale of a terrified young doctor who – after discovering his bride brutally murdered in their wedding bed – allies with the great Romantic poets, Byron, Keats and Shelley in a battle against a malignant apparition seeking her ultimate pleasure in their ravaged bodies and imperiled souls.
Originally published in 1989, The Stress of Her Regard received the World Fantasy, Mythopoeic, and Locus Awards. The book has been out of print since 1994.
While Tachyon Publications is well-known for publishing new work from some of the biggest and brightest names in fantasy and science fiction, the company also works to preserve in print some of the genre’s most beloved classics. Through both innovation and preservation, Tachyon Publications has become one of the most respected publishing houses in speculative fiction.
This new 432 page trade paperback edition of The Stress of Her Regard features an evocative cover by artist Ann Monn, and is affordably priced at $14.95. To pre-order: Tachyon Publications
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009