Subterranean Press has announced that the mammoth (nearly 700 pages) edition of Robert McCammon’s werewolf classic, The Wolf’s Hour, is in their warehouse and shipping.
Description: First published in 1989, The Wolf’s Hour remains one of Robert McCammon’s most indelible creations. Ranging freely and with great authority through realms of history, folklore, and myth, it combines two seemingly disparate genres – the World War II action thriller and the paranormal romance – into a seamless, irresistible whole.
McCammon’s hero is Michael Gallatin, embattled inhabitant of two different worlds. Born into the Russian aristocracy, but “changed” and raised by a pack of werewolves, Michael’s journey takes him from the wild regions of his native Russia to the battle-scarred landscapes of a world at war. Offering his unique talents to the Allied cause, Michael becomes a sort of secret weapon aimed at the destruction of Hitler and his “Thousand Year Reich.” His adventures take him from the deserts of North Africa to the German-occupied countries of Western Europe. There, with the aid of a vivid assortment of friends, comrades, and lovers, he uncovers a horrific conspiracy known as “Iron Fist,” which threatens to disrupt the Allies’ long-planned invasion of Europe and to alter the very outcome of the war.
The Signed Limited Edition – which features a brand new 36,000 word Michael Gallatin adventure – is over 90% sold out. The classic novel and new novella are joined by the movie poster-inspired dust jacket by Vincent Chong, as well as three full color interior illustrations, including a pull-out of the novel’s centerpiece “death train” scene. We should add that we will not be filling any orders for our wholesale or large online retail accounts.
You can learn more or order here: The Wolf’s Hour
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013