In case you missed it, earlier this month, Morrow released The Strain: Book One of The Strain Trilogy by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. This vampires versus humanity trilogy is Del Toro’s fiction debut (yes, he’s that Del Toro, winner of the Oscar for Pan’s Labyrinth). Co-written by Hogan, also the author of Prince of Thieves, this is a dark, bloody horror novel packed with mayhem and mythology.
Description: A Boeing 777 arrives at JFK and is on its way across the tarmac, when it suddenly stops dead. All window shades are pulled down. All lights are out. All communication channels have gone quiet. Crews on the ground are lost for answers, but an alert goes out to the CDC. Dr. Eph Goodweather, head of their Canary project, a rapid-response team that investigates biological threats, gets the call and boards the plane. What he finds makes his blood run cold.
In a pawnshop in Spanish Harlem, a former professor and survivor of the Holocaust named Abraham Setrakian knows something is happening. And he knows the time has come, that a war is brewing …
So begins a battle of mammoth proportions as the vampiric virus that has infected New York begins to spill out into the streets. Eph, who is joined by Setrakian and a motley crew of fighters, must now find a way to stop the contagion and save his city – a city that includes his wife and son – before it is too late.
Here’s the trailer for the book:
Pick up a copy from Amazon.com: The Strain
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009