Edgar Award-winning author Thomas H. Cook calls Sylvie Granotier’s The Paris Lawyer “a beautifully written and elegantly structured novel of a woman’s attempt to solve the central mystery of her life, and several other mysteries along the way.” Cosmopolitan says it “will keep you reading late into the night.” The story takes you from sophisticated Paris to the rural outreaches of France, where rolling countryside holds dark secrets. It is definitely a book to read.
Le French Book is a new publisher that loves books and loves France and has set out to share both by bringing great French books into English.
What’s more, they are so excited about their first release that they are giving away a trip to France along with lots of free books, gifts and prizes to celebrate this prize-winning legal procedural that doubles as a psychological thriller.
Description: As a child, Catherine Monsigny was the only witness to a heinous crime. Now, she is an ambitious rookie attorney in sophisticated modern-day Paris. On the side, she does pro bono work and hits the jackpot: a major felony case that could boost her career. A black woman is accused of poisoning her rich farmer husband in a peaceful village in central France, where the beautiful, rolling hills hold dark secrets. While preparing the case, Catherine’s own past comes back with a vengeance. This fast- paced story follows Catherine’s determined search for the truth in both her case and her own life. Who can she believe? And can you ever escape from your past? The story twists and turns, combining subtle psychological insight with a detailed sense of place.
All you need to do to receive gifts from the author and from Le French Book’s partners is buy just one copy of The Paris Lawyer. To make that more enticing, Le French Book has dropped 25% off the usual list price.
Why is Le French Book being so generous? Because this is their first release and they wanted to celebrate. They rallied up support from lots of bestselling authors, publishers and other partners to encourage you to buy this book and bump it up on the charts, so they can bring you more great books from France.
- You can enter the Go to France sweepstakes too to win a trip to Toulouse, France, where you’ll stay five nights in a beautiful bed and breakfast overlooking the Garonne River.
- You can also enter the Cool Books Sweepstakes, where five fantastic authors-Robert Dugoni, D.P. Lyle, Carin Gerhardsen, Mari Jungsted and C.S. Lakin-are giving away a total of 18 books.
- That’s really not all. Le French Book is sharing a whole list of other bonus gifts, too.
Join Le French Book in this celebration. Get your hands on this book today. You won’t regret it: you’ll enjoy a great read that takes you to France. So click here and get your copy of The Paris Lawyer. Not only will you have made a great investment and get a fantastic read, and you get access to all those great gifts.
Here’s how to get started: The Paris Lawyer Sweepstakes
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013