Night Shade Books has released The Living Dead in trade paperback for the price of $15.95. Edited by John Joseph Adams, this anthology of 34 zombie stories comes with great pedigree, including stories by Stephen King, Harlan Ellison, Robert Silverberg, George R. R. Martin, Clive Barker, Poppy Z. Brite, Neil Gaiman, Joe Hill, Laurell K. Hamilton, and Joe R. Lansdale.
Description: From White Zombie to Dawn of the Dead; from Resident Evil to World War Z, zombies have invaded popular culture, becoming the monsters that best express the fears and anxieties of the modern west. The ultimate consumers, zombies rise from the dead and feed upon the living, their teeming masses ever hungry, ever seeking to devour or convert, like mindless, faceless eating machines. Zombies have been depicted as mind-controlled minions, the shambling infected, the disintegrating dead, the ultimate lumpenproletariat, but in all cases, they reflect us, mere mortals afraid of death in a society on the verge of collapse.
The zombies of The Living Dead range from Romero-style zombies to reanimated corpses to voodoo zombies and beyond. Clive Barker gives you “Sex, Death and Starshine,” Joe Hill “Bobby Conroy Comes Back From the Dead,” Laurell K. Hamilton “Those Who Seek Forgiveness,” Poppy Z. Brite “Calcutta, Lord of Nerves,” Dan Simmons “This Year’s Class Picture,” Stephen King “Home Delivery,” the list goes on and on.
Check it out for yourself: The Living Dead
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009