As the captain of an Alaskan touring boat, J. Kevin Burchfield is known as “Captain Kevin” to tourists and sightseers. He shares a darker, fictional side to the Alaskan landscape in his two books, The Great Alaskan Adventure … With Zombies released in 2010, and the new Full Moon Over Juneau.
Description: a tale of Government deceit … cover up … beer … and of course a heaping side dish of Zombies! It’s a rollicking adventure that takes you through the beautiful northern end of Southeast Alaska whilst our gang of misfits tries to survive an onslaught of brain noshing baddies. Farfetched you say … well once you see the twists and turns you won’t think so. Just remember when the man says “I’m from the Government and I’m here to help.” You better run.
Burchfield moved to Alaska after growing up in Oklahoma City. As owner of “Lost in Alaska Adventures,” he and his boat provide fishing expeditions and whale watching tours, among other events.
While he’s never seen a zombie or werewolf on his tours, the geography in the books is accurate for those possibly planning an Alaskan trek through locations including Hoonah and Tenakee Springs.
You can order directly from Amazon here: Great Alaskan Adventure … With Zombies
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013