Stephen Mark Rainey has decided to give the direct-to-Kindle approach a shot with his novella, The Gods Of Moab. If Lovecraftian horrors are your thing, perhaps this thing is for you. “Gather. Worship. Scream.”
Description: A pleasant New Year’s Eve outing becomes an experience in otherworldly horror when two close-knit couples discover a shocking secret in the darkest corners of the Appalachian mountains. At an opulent mountain inn, Warren Burr, his fiancee, Anne, and their friends, Roger and Kristin Leverman, encounter a religious zealot named John Hanger, who makes it his business to bear witness to them of his peculiar … and disturbing … faith. His efforts rebuffed, Hanger insidiously assumes control of the couples’ technological devices, leading them to stumble into unexpected, surreal landscapes … landscapes inhabited by nightmarish beings that defy explanation and rationality. To return to the world they thought they knew, Warren and his friends must not only escape the deadly entities that pursue them but somehow stop John Hanger’s nightmare-plague from spreading to the outside world.
Excerpt: Looking up, he saw it: a mass of billowing gray cloud, rolling slowly across the starless black sky until it settled directly over them — too deliberate, too calculated, to be random. In its boiling heart, something flashed, and Warren realized it was like the image that had appeared on his phone’s display: a reddish, cyclopean eye, and though he had seen it once before, the sight of it wrenched the breath from his lungs and sent him toppling into the snow.
Then something blacker than black, like a negative image of a lightning bolt, hurtled out of the sky toward the earth, appearing to strike in the woods somewhere beyond the road. For a second, he thought he heard a hissing, sizzling sound, but then it gave way to the low moan of the wind. Anne’s arms had constricted around his chest, but as the darkness deepened, she loosened her hold and fearfully raised her eyes to the sky. The cyclopean eye had vanished.
You can pick up a Kindle copy for only $2.99 here: The Gods Of Moab
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013