The Filmmaker’s Book Of The Dead: How to Make Your Own Heart-Racing Horror Movie by Danny Draven is scheduled for release by Focal Press on January 8, 2010.
From the history of horror and the technique of the scare to pre-production and distribution, this complete, full-color guide to horror filmmaking uncovers all the insider secrets for creating your own successful movie. Sharing his personal filmmaking experience, Draven reveals how to create a spine-tingling horror film from start to finish. You’ll not only discover how to craft the story, but also how to master using production techniques, music, lighting and editing to thrill audiences. Straight-from-the-set tips will help you avoid common filmmaking pitfalls, and extensive information on marketing and distribution will show you how to get your film out to the public.
Produce, direct and promote your own chilling horror film with real-world advice from award-winning, independent producer/director Danny Draven.
While we mentioned the book in an earlier post, we didn’t have the book trailer for you. We’ve got it now:
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013