Solaris is gearing up for the January 31st release of Simon Bestwick’s The Faceless in mass market paperback.
Description: In the Lancashire town of Kempforth, people are vanishing. Mist hangs heavy in the streets, and in those mists move the masked figures the local kids call the Spindly Men. When two year old Roseanne Trevor disappears, Detective Chief Inspector Renwick vows to stop at nothing until she finds her. In Manchester, terrifying visions summon TV psychic Allen Cowell and his sister Vera back to the town they swore they’d left forever. And local historian Anna Mason pieces together a history of cruelty and exploitation almost beyond belief, born out of the horrors of war – while in the decaying corridors and lightless rooms of a long-abandoned hospital, something terrible is waiting for them all.
Simon Bestwick lives in Lancashire and is the author of a previous novel, Tide Of Souls, two short story collections, A Hazy Shade Of Winter and Pictures Of The Dark, and a chapbook, Angels Of The Silences. He’s also written numerous scripts for radio. His short fiction has appeared most recently in the anthologies Where The Heart Is, Never Again and Solaris Books’ End Of The Line. His novella The Narrows was shortlisted for the British Fantasy Award and reprinted in Ellen Datlow’s Best Horror Of The Year.
You can pre-order through Amazon here: The Faceless
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013