Dark Regions Press has announced the release of The Engines of Sacrifice by James Chambers, a collection of four novellas inspired by the Mythos of H.P. Lovecraft.
Description: In hidden places, they sleep and dream, and through their dreams they touch humanity — but their touch brings only the stains of horror, death, and madness…until the day the Old Ones return.
Investigation 37: In the late years of the Vietnam War, Lavender May runs away from home to search for freedom and peace in New York City, but instead, she finds only a world of magic, witchcraft, and lies.
The Ugly Birds: Only one thing could save Carmin Darabon’s comics magazine from going under: publishing the next chapter of the hit series “The Otherworlders.” But what dark secret drives its creator –Carmine’s ex-finance’ — to refuse to deliver it?
The Hidden Room: At the height of the Cold War, Doctor Calvin Lenox is a member of the Nuclear Emergency Search Team. With his life spiraling into despair, he confronts the mystery of a runaway Soviet defector and the death of three men, only to find himself at the mercy of…the Faceless God.
The Engines of Sacrifice: What is the power of words? Can they control the fabric of reality? In a horrifying new world, underground author Rowley Cray struggles against a totalitarian government gone insane and the possibility that he can control the souls of the dead.
Here’s the book trailer:
James Chambers is the author of the short story collection, Resurrection House, published by Dark Regions Press. His numerous tales of horror, dark fantasy, crime, and science fiction have appeared in more than 30 anthologies and magazines, including: Bad Cop, No Donut; the award-winning Bad-Ass Faeries anthology series; Bare Bone; Cthulhu Sex; Dark Furies; The Dead Walk; the award-winning Defending the Future anthology series; The Domino Lady: Sex as a Weapon; Dragon’s Lure; The Green Hornet Chronicles; Hardboiled Cthulhu; Allen K’s Inhuman; Lin Carter’s Anton Zarnak: Supernatural Sleuth; New Blood; No Longer Dreams; Warfear; and Weird Trails. He wrote the collection The Midnight Hour: Saint Lawn Hill and Other Tales, illustrated by Jason Whitley.
You can check out all the details here: Engines of Sacrifice
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013