Chicago horror and thriller author Bryan W. Alaspa has released his latest creation and he says the story of The Dead Phone is his scariest novel. The novel is available as as ebook first, and will be released in print come November, at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble and the ebook website Smashwords.
“It tells the story of writer Warren Hollis,” said Mr. Alaspa. “He writes true crime stories and he is in a small town in rural Pennsylvania to write about a legendary serial killer. However, once he gets there the killing starts again, and an antique phone that should never ring inside the cabin where he’s staying starts to ring.”
This is the first novel in a while that Mr. Alaspa has also decided to release in print. He has achieved success as a fiction writer through the various ebook publishing platforms for ereaders like the Kindle, Nook and Kobo readers. Through the site Smashwords, the book is also easily downloaded and read on smartphones, tablets and any other electronic reading device.
“This story actually had me on the edge of my seat,” continues Mr. Alaspa. “I think it’s one of the scariest stories I’ve ever written. I’m very proud of it. As such, I wanted to make it available to as many people as possible and people have started to ask me to make this title available in paper for those who haven’t made the switch to the electronic format.”
Mr. Alaspa has decided to use the Amazon.com publishing platform called Createspace.com. The novel will be available in print in early November at Amazon.com and through his website.
Bryan W. Alaspa is a novelist and writer that was born and raised in the Chicago area. He has been writing in one form or another since he sat down at his mother’s electronic typewriter in the third grade. He is the author of the following works of fiction: The Ballad of the Blue Denim Gange, The Vanished Child, Dust, RIG: A Novel of Terror, Gone, Sin-Eater: Book One, After the Snowfall: a Thriller, MYTHOS: A Thriller and Sin-Eater: Book Two – Destiny. He is also the author of the following non-fiction works: Ghosts of St. Louis: The Lemp Mansion and Other Erie Tales, Chicago Crime Stories: Rich Gone Wrong, Chicago Disasters, Forgotten Tales of Illinois and Silas Jayne: Chicago’s Suburban Gangster.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013