It has come time to announce the winner of the 2006-2007 Aeon Award short fiction contest. As many will be aware, the winner was chosen by grand judge Ian Watson from the top six shortlisted stories and announced at the European Science Fiction Convention, Copenhagen, Denmark. Ian chose “Angelus” by Nina Allan as the winner, commenting that the story was “beautifully written and paced and enigmatic yet in an entirely lucid way.” Congratulations to Nina, who receives the €1000 prize money, alongside publication in Albedo One!
The stories falling second and third place will also appear in Albedo One. These were “Isle of Beauty” by Larry Taylor and “The White Knight” by Devon Code-McNeil. Congratulations to both. All three of the top stories will appear in issue 34 of Albedo One.
Congratulations to all the shortlisted authors, whose stories stood out and caught the judges attention. The names of the top six shortlisted authors are given below.
Top Six Shortlisted Stories (in no order):
“Isle of Beauty” – Larry Taylor
“Angelus” – Nina Allan
“Partial Recall” – Sean Day
“The Dreamy Sloth” – Jennifer Glyn
“The White Knight” – Devon Code-McNeil
“A Giant in the House” – Daniel Pearlman
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009