The Shriekfest Film Festival, an international horror/sci-fi film and screenplay competition, has announced its annual event will take place October 5 – 8, 2017. The festival begins with an opening night party on Thursday, which the public is welcome to attend. This is a red carpet event to kick off the party. Then, it will continue its tradition of screening feature length and short films Friday through Sunday at the iconic Raleigh Studios in Hollywood, and culminate with an awards presentation on Sunday night.
Shriekfest was created in July 2001 by festival director Denise Gossett and has grown into the longest-running and one of the largest horror and sci-fi film festivals in the country. Since its inception, Shriekfest has offered upcoming writers, actors, directors, and producers a chance to have their work screened and rated by peers. Many past winners have gone on to write, produce, or star in major motion pictures.
In addition to exposure, the festival awards its participants with a number of recognitions and prizes. Submissions for narrative feature, narrative short, narrative super short, feature screenplay, and short screenplay are eligible to win awards.
- ‘Snatchers’ Brings Horror To Comedy On go90! - June 24, 2017
- NECA Brings Us A New Ash From ‘Ash vs Evil Dead!’ - June 24, 2017
- Elvira Joins Funko’s Rock Candy Line! - June 24, 2017
- Hulu Announces The Cast For The Second Season Of ‘Freakish’ - June 23, 2017
- Fans Of ‘Slither’ Will Want To Check Out This New Collector’s Edition! - June 23, 2017
- Two Brothers Shoot for Fame but Find Only Infamy in the Butcher Bros.’ ‘A Beginner’s Guide to Snuff’ - June 23, 2017
- This New ‘Preacher’ Clip Shows “The Search For God: Day One” - June 22, 2017
- ‘The Creep Behind The Camera’ Tells The Story Of How ‘The Creeping Terror’ Was Made! - June 22, 2017
- ‘Phenomena,’ Better Known As ‘Creepers,’ Is Due This September On Blu-Ray! - June 22, 2017
- “I Came For You” In The Latest ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Clip! - June 21, 2017