The Shriekfest Film Festival, an international horror/sci-fi film and screenplay competition, has announced its annual event will take place October 5 – 8, 2017. The festival begins with an opening night party on Thursday, which the public is welcome to attend. This is a red carpet event to kick off the party. Then, it will continue its tradition of screening feature length and short films Friday through Sunday at the iconic Raleigh Studios in Hollywood, and culminate with an awards presentation on Sunday night.
Shriekfest was created in July 2001 by festival director Denise Gossett and has grown into the longest-running and one of the largest horror and sci-fi film festivals in the country. Since its inception, Shriekfest has offered upcoming writers, actors, directors, and producers a chance to have their work screened and rated by peers. Many past winners have gone on to write, produce, or star in major motion pictures.
In addition to exposure, the festival awards its participants with a number of recognitions and prizes. Submissions for narrative feature, narrative short, narrative super short, feature screenplay, and short screenplay are eligible to win awards.
- The Third Season Of ‘The Strain’ Comes This June With A Ton Of Extras! - April 29, 2017
- Are You Ready To Watch ‘Another Evil?’ - April 28, 2017
- Super 7 is Giving Us Alien ReAction Figures! - April 28, 2017
- The Toxic Avenger Musical Is Coming To London - April 27, 2017
- From Hell it Came (1957) – Blu-ray/DVD Release - April 27, 2017
- Can’t Get Enough Of ‘The Blair Witch Project’? A New Book Is Coming! - April 26, 2017
- Pre-Sales Now Launched for ‘Lost Girls: Phantasmagorical Cinema of Jean Rollin’ on Indiegogo! - April 26, 2017
- Dark Horse Ventures Into ‘The Dark North’ - April 25, 2017
- Steam Has Just Gotten ‘Remothered: Tormented Fathers’ - April 25, 2017
- The Latest Promo For ‘Twin Peaks’ Talks About “The Darkness of Future Past” - April 24, 2017