The Shriekfest Film Festival, an international horror/sci-fi film and screenplay competition, has announced its annual event will take place October 5 – 8, 2017. The festival begins with an opening night party on Thursday, which the public is welcome to attend. This is a red carpet event to kick off the party. Then, it will continue its tradition of screening feature length and short films Friday through Sunday at the iconic Raleigh Studios in Hollywood, and culminate with an awards presentation on Sunday night.
Shriekfest was created in July 2001 by festival director Denise Gossett and has grown into the longest-running and one of the largest horror and sci-fi film festivals in the country. Since its inception, Shriekfest has offered upcoming writers, actors, directors, and producers a chance to have their work screened and rated by peers. Many past winners have gone on to write, produce, or star in major motion pictures.
In addition to exposure, the festival awards its participants with a number of recognitions and prizes. Submissions for narrative feature, narrative short, narrative super short, feature screenplay, and short screenplay are eligible to win awards.
- ‘The Heretics’ Gets a Teaser Trailer - March 25, 2017
- Meet Marvel’s Newest Heroes – Your First Look at ‘Monsters Unleashed’ #1! - March 25, 2017
- The ‘Death Note’ Trailer is Out! - March 24, 2017
- This April Be Prepared to Experience ‘A Dark Song’ - March 24, 2017
- Trailer and Release Details for ‘Other Madnesses’ - March 23, 2017
- Demonic Possession Thriller Holy Terror Descends on the NoHo 7 for Its World Premiere - March 23, 2017
- Funko is Bringing Us The Ghost Rider! - March 22, 2017
- ‘Deadtime Stories’ is Getting a Vinyl Soundtrack Release! - March 22, 2017
- ‘Monsterella,’ an Action/Adventure/Horror/Sci-Fi Anthology by Hangman Comics - March 21, 2017
- Liz Wants You to “Unite” For the Third Season Of ‘iZombie!’ - March 21, 2017