The American Cinematheque has announced new additions to the Aero Theatre’s projection booth: state-of-the-art high performance digital projection and sound, plus digital 3D capability. To showcase the new equipment is an 18-night series of classic and digital restorations. Here’s the one night we thought you wouldn’t want to miss:
Friday, July 13 – 7:30 PM Double Feature:
1976, Sony Repertory, 113 min. Dir. Martin Scorsese. Trailer
Cabbie Travis Bickle (Robert De Niro’s seminal pistol-packing, insomniac loner) drives through the open sewer that is mid-1970s Manhattan with its pimps (Harvey Keitel), hookers (Jodie Foster), politicos (Cybill Shepherd and Albert Brooks) and other scummy creatures of the neon wilderness. With a ferocious script by Paul Schrader.
World Premiere Restoration!
1965, Sony Repertory, 119 min. Dir. William Wyler. Trailer
In one of his earliest and most chilling roles, Terrence Stamp stars as Freddie Clegg, a low-life bank clerk with a penchant for collecting butterflies. Freddie’s hobby transforms into obsession and spirals out of control when his collection expands to include females … of the human species! Featuring Samantha Eggar in an outstanding performance. Based on John Fowles’ best-selling novel.
It’s all happenening at the Aero Theatre, 1328 Montana Ave at 14th St, Santa Monica, CA 90403.
General Admission: $11
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013