Subterranean Press has announced that they’ve reached agreement with The Robert A. Heinlein Trust to publish virtually the last of the unpublished RAH material, nearly 20 scripts, some original, some adaptations of classic stories. Look for the first of (what will likely be) two volumes next year, limited to only 750 numbered copies, and 26 lettered copies.
They’re making some steady progress on Richard K. Morgan’s first novel, Altered Carbon, which introduced them to Takeshi Kovacs. Vincent Chong has just completed the cover, and is hard at work on the four full-color interior illustrations that will grace the book. Look for ordering information soon. As Richard noted when seeing the cover: “Thanks for these – looks very nice indeed, very much the (Bladerunner-inspired) vision I had when I was writing it.”
Finally, Subterranean has reached agreement to publish two of Philip K. Dick’s works. The first, Nick and the Glimmung, is a young adult sf novel making its first US appearance, and first publication anywhere in nearly 20 years. The second is Dick’s own screenplay adaptation of his novel Ubik, which appeared from a small press in the mid-eighties, and has been out of print since. They’re still in the process of selecting an artist for the YA novel, but Ubik: the Screenplay, will sport a cover by Dave McKean.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009