Subterranean Press has announced it will be publishing Tim Powers’ Fisher King Trilogy as matching, signed limited editions. All three volumes are to be released in September. Here’s the line-up …
Last Call – Twenty years ago Scott Crane abandoned his career as a professional poker player and went into hiding, after a weird high-stakes game played with Tarot cards-but now the cards, and the supernatural powers behind them, have found him again. Crane’s father killed gangster Bugsy Siegel in 1948 to become King of the West, and to keep that power he is now determined to kill his son-and Scott Crane must cross the Mojave Desert to his father’s Perilous Chapel in Las Vegas, and take up the cards again for one last poker duel in a deadly game to save his soul.
Expiration Date – Twelve-year-old Koot Hoomie Parganas’s parents prepared him for a career as a metaphysical holy man-but after they’re brutally murdered one night he finds himself a fugitive in the darkest corners of Los Angeles, pursued by denizens of a dark underworld who want what Kootie’s parents have been hiding for forty years-the ghost of Thomas Edison contained in a bust of Dante. But Kootie has broken the bust and inhaled the ghost, and now has in his head the lively personality of Edison himself-and together Kootie and Edison must learn the harsh rules of the occult world existing behind the glitter of modern Los Angeles, and find a way to save Kootie’s life and free Edison’s ghost from its earthly Purgatory.
Earthquake Weather – Janis Cordelia Plumtree has killed the King of the West-or at least one of the personalities in her head has killed him, and the other personalities are resolved to restore the king to life. But first Plumtree must escape from a mental hospital with ally Sid Cochran, a winemaker who believes that his wife was killed by Dionysus, the Greek god of madness and wine. Their quest for redemption and vengeance leads them to San Francisco, where they find themselves in the midst of a supernatural battle among several magicians-who-would-be-king, and finally to a tumultuous face-to-face confrontation with the god on the cliffs below the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009