Horror Realm, Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention, has announced that actor and veteran stuntman Steve Dash will be appearing at its fall show on September 16-18. Horror fans know Dash as Jason from Friday the 13th Part 2. He has continued to work in the movie industry including roles in Mr. Hush, Stagemore and Hemo. This will be Dash’s first Pittsburgh convention appearance.
Local television and radio legend Bill Cardille will be appearing at the convention on Saturday, September 17 from noon until 4 PM. “Chilly Billy” is the beloved host of the iconic local television program Chiller Theater, which Cardille hosted from 1964 to 1983. This is a rare joint appearance by Cardille and his daughter Lori, who starred in the George Romero film, Day of the Dead. Lori Cardille will be appearing all weekend.
Horror Realm has also added director Danny Steinmann (Savage Streets) and scream queen Linnea Quigley to the guest line up.
The convention has also released details on its free fan events taking place throughout the weekend:
- Pittsburgh Film Workers Awards program will take place Friday at 9 PM. The festival honors local independent filmmakers and will hand out “Creech” Awards for feature length and short films.
- Horror Cabaret features entertainment beginning at 10:30 PM on Friday. Acts slated to appear are cast members from Evenings in Quarantine: The Zombie Opera, mentalist/magician Chris Handa, ElectroBelly Dance Troupe and musician Weird Paul.
- Horror High Homecoming Party starts outdoors at PJ’s Backporch Tropical Bar at 8 PM with live bands Devilz in the Detailz followed by River Runs Scarlet. The party moves indoors to PJ’s Grille and Bar at 10 PM with DJ Cy-Fi providing the music. Attendees are invited to dress as their favorite 80’s horror film villain or victim, or to just dust off their Member’s Only jackets, leg warmers and big hair for the costume contest with a $100 cash prize. The event includes a cash bar and is open to individuals 18 and older with valid ID.
- Barnabus Bailey and the Greatest Show Unearthed makes its “underworld” premiere on Saturday at midnight. The Greatest Show Unearthed is a dark carnival themed program in the spirit of Chiller Theater, hosted by zombie ringmaster Barnabus Bailey. The program, which launches its web based premiere on October 31, will showcase independent films as opposed to classic public domain midnight movies. The premiere episode will feature the film “Rotkappchen: The Blood of Red Riding Hood.”
- Little Monsters event for kids 12 and under returns on Sunday morning at 9 AM, featuring creepy cartoons, a monster drawing contest, costume parade and goody bags for the kids.
Convention sponsors include: Rue Morgue Magazine, Twisted Library Press, Duquesne Beer, Clique Vodka and Black Hearts Clothing.
Horror Realm takes place at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South, located at 164 Fort Couch Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241. The hotel is located across from the South Hills Village shopping mall.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013