July 11th saw the PS Publishing ebook release of Spook City, edited by Angus Mackenzie with stories by Peter Atkins, Clive Barker and Ramsey Campbell.
Description: If, as Carl Jung said, Liverpool is “the pool of life” then here are things from the darkest depths of that pool, brought to the surface to terrify and startle you…
Liverpool has long been known as a city of dreamers. But not all those dreams are as beautiful as a Beatles melody or as funny as a Paul O’Grady punchline. Here are the darker dreams of the Merseyside imagination, the macabre imaginings of Liverpool’s Princes of Nightmare. Along with an introduction by native son Doug Bradley – world-famous as Pinhead, the iconic demon of the Hellraiser movies – this book collects together the Liverpool-based fictions of Ramsey Campbell, Clive Barker, and Peter Atkins, three of horror literature’s most celebrated talents.
It’s grim up North? You don’t know the half of it.
Welcome to Liverpool after midnight.
Welcome to the dark side.
Welcome to Spook City…
Foreword by Angus Mackenzie
Introduction by Doug Bradley
– ‘Eternal Delight’
– ‘Here Comes a Candle’
– ‘Between the Cold Moon and the Earth’
– ‘The Mystery’
– ‘The Forbidden’
– ‘Coming to Grief
– ‘Coming to Liverpool’
– ‘The Man in the Underpass’
– ‘Mackintosh Willy’
– ‘Through the Walls’
– ‘Calling Card’
You can pick up a copy through Amazon here: Spook City
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013