Shriekfest, the Los Angeles Horror/SciFi Film Festival continues its tradition as Los Angeles’ Premier horror film event, presenting an exciting program of films each fall with beautiful Los Angeles as its backdrop. Now, in it’s 13th year, Shriekfest takes place at the legendary Raleigh Studios, which is the largest independent studio operator in the country. Shriekfest offers filmmakers and film fans alike an ideal setting in a world-famous city. The Festival draws over 5,000 attendees each year. Both established and emerging filmmakers gain media exposure, connect with the region’s diverse audiences, and participate in an acclaimed event attended by industry professionals as well as horror and scifi fans. Over the past twelve years, Shriekfest has welcomed numerous indie icons into its family.
Shriekfest is looking for new and original films and screenplays. They are accepting films/screenplays in six categories: narrative feature, narrative short, narrative super short, feature screenplay, short screenplay, and original song.
They will be awarding prizes to the winning filmmaker in each category.
Last year’s festival was a great success. They had our biggest audience yet, with a 10% increase over the previous year and more than 35 filmmakers in attendance.
Here’s how to enter: Entry Form And Information
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013