Legends of the Mountain State: Ghostly Tales from the State of West Virginia.
“We want stories about West Virginia legends/ghosts. You do not need to be a West Virginian to write the story, but you do need to keep the story (and
legend/ghost) true to the State,” says Editor Michael Knost. “All stories should include real towns and counties from the Mountain State. Do not tell us the biography of a legend/ghost, tell us a story with the legend or ghost at the plotâ€™s center. Visit: Shadowlands.net for a few known legends/ghosts in West Virginia.
They’re looking for tales with a solid plot and good character development. Stories should grab the readerâ€™s attention quickly and hold it until the end. They want powerful and emotional tales – creepy, chilling, disturbing, and moody. However, they do not want stories containing explicit language or content.
Publisher: Woodland Press
Format: Trade Paperback
Payment: one cent per word (up to 2000 words and upon publication) plus one copy. Reprints will receive half a cent per word.
Story Length: 1000 to 2000 words. No multiple or simultaneous subs.
Deadline: March 31, 2007, Publication date: October 2007
Email submissions only. They’ll accept .doc or .rtf attachments only. Do not copy and paste story into the body of your email. Send submissions or inquiries to: Ghostly Tales
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009