From the website:
Call for Submissions: Samhain Publishing Gothic Horror Anthology
Come with me into a world of isolated mansions, ruined castles, guttering candles, dark shadows, and of course…creeping horror.
I’m thrilled to announce an open call for submissions for a new, yet-to-be-titled fall 2014 gothic horror anthology. For more information on what I’m looking for when I ask for gothic horror, check out this entry on wikipedia.
I’m open to supernatural or non-supernatural, historical or contemporary novellas. You can use ghosts, vampires, werewolves, homicidal maniacs, or almost anything your imagination can create. But I want to feel that claustrophobic, shadowy, oppressive gothic atmosphere.
The novellas must range between 25,000 to 30,000 words in length, no more, no less—please note, only manuscripts that fall in this word count will be considered for this anthology—and will be released individually as ebooks in spring 2014 and together in print approximately six months later.
Submissions are open to all authors, published with Samhain or aspiring to be published with Samhain. All submissions must be new material—previously published submissions will not be considered. Additionally, manuscripts previously submitted will not be considered either. Be aware that manuscripts submitted to this anthology cannot be resubmitted at a later date unless by invitation from the editor.
Please note: this is for the Samhain Horror line, not Romance. While a romantic subplot or element is fine, the main focus of the novella must be horror.
To submit a manuscript for consideration, please include:
The full manuscript (of 25,000 to 30,000 words) with a comprehensive 2-5 page synopsis. Also include a letter of introduction/query letter. Full manuscripts are required for this as it is a special project.
As well, when you send your manuscript, be sure to use the naming convention Gothic_Horror_Title_MS and Gothic_Horror_Title_Synopsis. This will ensure that your submission doesn’t get missed in the many submissions we receive.
Submissions are open until September 15, 2013. No submissions will be accepted after this date—no exceptions. A final decision will be made by October 15, 2013. Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Gothic Horror Anthology in the subject line. Questions and queries can be addressed to Don D’Auria (email@example.com) though do your due diligence and read this anthology call completely and check the Samhain Submission FAQ page before emailing.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015