Composers Andy Grush and Taylor Stewart, aka The Newton Brothers, score STX Entertainment’s supernatural horror thriller, The Bye Bye Man. The film stars Douglas Smith, Lucien Laviscount, Cressida Bonas, and Doug Jones. Directed by Stacy Title and written by Jonathan Penner, The Bye Bye Man follows the story of three college students who move into an old, off-campus house. They quickly find themselves hunted by a supernatural entity called The Bye Bye Man who may be responsible for possessing various people and causing them to commit killing sprees throughout recent history. The students discover the origins of The Bye Bye Man and find that there is only one way to avoid his curse: don’t say or think his name, because once The Bye Bye Man gets inside your head, he takes control.
The Bye Bye Man opens in theatres on January 13, 2016. The soundtrack album featuring the score is available on Sony Classical.
Upcoming projects for The Newton Brothers include Terry Nemeroff’s The Knife Thrower, Brandon Nutt’s The Kimberlite Process, Gerald Rascionato’s Cage Drive, and Mike Flanagan’s Gerald’s Game, which will be released by Netflix later this year.
- The Toxic Avenger Musical Is Coming To London - April 27, 2017
- From Hell it Came (1957) – Blu-ray/DVD Release - April 27, 2017
- Can’t Get Enough Of ‘The Blair Witch Project’? A New Book Is Coming! - April 26, 2017
- Pre-Sales Now Launched for ‘Lost Girls: Phantasmagorical Cinema of Jean Rollin’ on Indiegogo! - April 26, 2017
- Dark Horse Ventures Into ‘The Dark North’ - April 25, 2017
- Steam Has Just Gotten ‘Remothered: Tormented Fathers’ - April 25, 2017
- The Latest Promo For ‘Twin Peaks’ Talks About “The Darkness of Future Past” - April 24, 2017
- The Eleventh Season Of ‘The X-Files’ Has Some Retro Teaser Art - April 24, 2017
- The ‘Flesh of the Void’ Trailer Is Strangely Creepy - April 23, 2017
- The Jigsaw Murders – Blu-ray/DVD Release on May 30th, 2017 - April 23, 2017