Platoon of The Dead is scheduled for release on DVD on June 16th by Tempe DVD.
Description: In the distant future, man’s greatest enemy is one another as the flesh-eating undead wages war against the living! A Marine platoon is ambushed during a mission, leaving only three soldiers alive to fend off the growing army of the living dead. En route to their pickup point, they come across an abandoned house with three mysterious women hiding out inside. If they can make it through the night, they’re home free … or so they think, because someone is hiding a dark secret that may alter the course of this gore-drenched war.
Until the release date, you can pop over to the blog, where there’s an incredibly detailed account of the making of this microbudget horror flick at: Platoon of The Dead. Here’s what you’ll find: Director of photography and co-producer Joe Sherlock AKA Dr. Squid present a huge production diary that covers everything from the first day he was approached for the project by lifelong buddy John (The Evilmaker) Bowker, through a wild pre-production and typical low-budget production time. Gobs of behind the scenes photos are featured throughout.
And if that isn’t enough, try this:
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009