Incendium today launches its raucous comedy-horror debut Phantom Halls via Steam Early Access – and early adopters will be treated to a free officially licensed Evil Dead 2 character and quest pack!
A unique type of squad-based game, Phantom Halls sees players take on the roles of multiple characters at once. It’s a real-time Worms with the procedurally generated chaos of Spelunky!
A group of teens enters a haunted mansion, and prepares to face the undead terrors that stalk the phantom halls. Squad up and survive the night using whatever you can find, but remember – you can’t kill what you can’t see, so be sure to bring a flashlight…
To celebrate the occasion, Incendium have also unveiled a new launch trailer, showcasing the game and the Evil Dead 2 content, which celebrates the movie’s 30th anniversary.
Incendium chose Early Access as an initial launch platform in order to work with the community to make the game as good as it can be.
“We’re launching on Steam Early Access at a heavily discounted price, and treating every early adopter to a free piece of Evil Dead 2 licensed content, allowing them to play as the groovy hero from the sky Ash Williams, with his chainsaw and boomstick on hand (or stump!) to saw and blast through a series of unique Evil Dead 2 inspired quests!”
He added: “Early Access is a fantastic testing bed for the core game to determine what features are most desired and what people want to see next – Phantom Halls will be fully supported and iterated upon in the months ahead as we work towards a full retail build and re-imagine more classic horror icons through the game’s quirky satirical lens.”
Phantom Halls ships today via Steam Early Access – its RRP is $6.99 / £5.99 but there’s a 13% discount applied during launch week. The initial version of the game will feature ten playable characters, 12 enemy types, and a procedurally generated multi-storey mansion with half a dozen distinct environment types. And Incendium will be adding more features and content – including narrative elements, enemies, and whole new game types – regularly throughout the game’s Early Access lifecycle.
The Ash Williams Evil Dead 2 character pack is officially licensed in partnership with Studio Canal and the Creative Licensing Corporation to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Evil Dead 2, which was released in cinemas on 13 March 1987.
- ‘Snatchers’ Brings Horror To Comedy On go90! - June 24, 2017
- NECA Brings Us A New Ash From ‘Ash vs Evil Dead!’ - June 24, 2017
- Elvira Joins Funko’s Rock Candy Line! - June 24, 2017
- Hulu Announces The Cast For The Second Season Of ‘Freakish’ - June 23, 2017
- Fans Of ‘Slither’ Will Want To Check Out This New Collector’s Edition! - June 23, 2017
- Two Brothers Shoot for Fame but Find Only Infamy in the Butcher Bros.’ ‘A Beginner’s Guide to Snuff’ - June 23, 2017
- This New ‘Preacher’ Clip Shows “The Search For God: Day One” - June 22, 2017
- ‘The Creep Behind The Camera’ Tells The Story Of How ‘The Creeping Terror’ Was Made! - June 22, 2017
- ‘Phenomena,’ Better Known As ‘Creepers,’ Is Due This September On Blu-Ray! - June 22, 2017
- “I Came For You” In The Latest ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Clip! - June 21, 2017