For 10 idyllic years, young Mija (An Seo Hyun) has been caretaker and constant companion to Okja—a massive animal and an even bigger friend—at her home in the mountains of South Korea. But that changes when the family-owned multinational conglomerate Mirando Corporation takes Okja for themselves and transports her to New York, where image-obsessed and self-promoting CEO Lucy Mirando (Tilda Swinton) has big plans for Mija’s dearest friend.
With no particular plan but single-minded in intent, Mija sets out on a rescue mission, but her already daunting journey quickly becomes more complicated when she crosses paths with disparate groups of capitalists, demonstrators and consumers, each battling to control the fate of Okja…while all Mija wants to do is bring her friend home.
Deftly blending genres, humor, poignancy and drama, Bong Joon Ho (Snowpiercer, The Host) begins with the gentlest of premises—the bond between man and animal—and ultimately creates a distinct and layered vision of the world that addresses the animal inside us all.
Okja will premiere exclusively on Netflix on June 28.
- Hellboy Hell Water Cinnamon Whiskey is Now On Sale - May 23, 2017
- Barry Hoffman Interview - May 23, 2017
- Ragnarok Has A Week Left to Fire Up ‘Warlock 5’ with Cullen Bunn and Jimmy Z Johnson - May 22, 2017
- ‘Alien: Reign of Man’ Lands with Uncork’d Entertainment - May 22, 2017
- Full Details Are Out For The Paul Naschy Collection - May 21, 2017
- New ‘Fang’ Teaser Trailer - May 21, 2017
- Spanish Horror Icon Macarena Gomez Tells All About Gothic Chiller ‘The Black Gloves’ - May 21, 2017
- “It Takes a Monster to Defeat a Monster” in the Latest Trailer for ‘The Mummy’ - May 20, 2017
- Netflix is Giving Us a Prequel to ‘The Dark Crystal!!!’ - May 20, 2017
- ‘Fear Factor’ is Going to Have Snakes and More! - May 20, 2017