Abaddon, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, will be releasing the paperback of Paul Finch’s Tomes of the Dead: Stronghold on August 17th.
Description: When King Edward I of England built Grogen Castle in Wales, he proclaimed it the strongest fortress in the British Isles; impregnable to assault, armed with devices so fiendish that would-be attackers would die in multitudes. But the Welsh have had enough of English tyranny. Armed with druidic magic and an ancient, mystical artifact, they summon an army to their banner even the most superstitious of Edward’s soldiers could never have imagined. Soon, Grogen Castle finds itself besieged by forces forged from splintered bone and rotten flesh. Just how long can this Stronghold hold out against the zombie horde?
Also recently released in paperback by Pocket Book is J. L. Bourne’s Day by Day Armageddon: Beyond Exile (Book 2).
Description: The first book of Day by Day Armageddon took readers deep into the mind of a military officer and survivor as he made a New Year’s resolution to start keeping a journal. The man kept his resolution and brought to readers the fall of humanity, day by day. The man transitioned from an average life to the prospect of fighting for his very survival against the overwhelming hordes of the dead. He bled, he made mistakes, he evolved.
The anticipated sequel begins where the first novel left off.
Armies of undead have risen up across the U.S. and around the globe; there is no safe haven from the diseased corpses hungering for human flesh. But in the heat of a Texas wasteland, a small band of survivors attempt to counter the millions closing in around them.
Day by day, the handwritten journal entries of one man caught in a worldwide cataclysm capture the desperation – and the will to survive – as he joins forces with a handful of refugees to battle soulless enemies both human and inhuman from inside an abandoned strategic missile facility.
But in the world of the undead, is mere survival enough?
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013