MTV today announced it will give viewers the chance to conquer their fears head on with a refresh of the break-through series Fear Factor. Ludacris will host the new installment, custom-created for a generation that is increasingly empowered, while also more anxious than ever. Ludacris will also serve as executive producer on the project as part of an overarching deal with MTV. Filled with new stunts inspired by urban legends, popular scary movies, and viral videos from today’s cultural zeitgeist, Fear Factor contestants will confront their fears, be pushed beyond their comfort zones and take action against some of their biggest stressors. The series will include twelve one-hour episodes which premiere on Tuesday, May 30th at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on MTV.
“MTV is about celebrating youth culture, and with the reinvented Fear Factor, we are putting the power in our audience’s hands to face and overcome their biggest fears,” said Chris McCarthy, President, MTV, VH1, and Logo. “We are thrilled to partner with Ludacris, one of the biggest global stars who has a rich history with MTV, to energize this franchise for a whole new generation.”
“I am excited to kick off my partnership with MTV, starting with the relaunch of Fear Factor which will be even more insane and ludicrous than what you remember,” said Ludacris. “This will be the first of many great projects together!”
Nothing will be off limits as MTV aims to hit on youth tension points with challenges including “Roach-ella,” “Trap Queen,” and personal cell phone rescues at heights of over one hundred feet, to name a few. In each episode, contestants will pair up into four teams – siblings, college rivalries, roommates, best friends, co-workers, and exes and more – battling it out for fifty thousand dollars of cold hard cash and Fear Factor bragging rights.
Multi-platinum recording artist, producer and actor Chris “LUDACRIS” Bridges has sold more than 15 million albums and stars in the upcoming Fate of the Furious, the eighth installment of the global box-office hit franchise. His other feature film credits include Universal Pictures’ Furious 7, Fast & Furious 6, Fast Five, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Crash, Hustle & Flow, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Anthony Carbone, Charles Wachter, Kevin Wehrenberg, Rob Smith, and Robin Feinberg serve as Executive Producers for Endemol Shine North America. Nina L. Diaz, Pamela Post, and Tim Palazzola are Executive Producers for MTV.
- Steam Has Just Gotten ‘Remothered: Tormented Fathers’ - April 25, 2017
- The Latest Promo For ‘Twin Peaks’ Talks About “The Darkness of Future Past” - April 24, 2017
- The Eleventh Season Of ‘The X-Files’ Has Some Retro Teaser Art - April 24, 2017
- The ‘Flesh of the Void’ Trailer Is Strangely Creepy - April 23, 2017
- The Jigsaw Murders – Blu-ray/DVD Release on May 30th, 2017 - April 23, 2017
- Stranger With My Face International Film Festival Releases Poster and Further Program Highlights! - April 23, 2017
- ‘Unearthed and Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary’ to Show on Home Entertainment Formats in Late 2017! - April 22, 2017
- Final Previews for the ‘Bates Motel’ Finale! - April 22, 2017
- The Belko Experiment Gets A June Release Date - April 22, 2017
- Evil Corrupts Burbank with Director J. Horton’s ‘5 Sins:’ Early Casting Details - April 21, 2017