Dark Arts Books has announced that its fifth title, the anthology Mighty Unclean, is set to be released at the 2009 Bram Stoker Awards Weekend, June 12-14, in Burbank, CA, and will feature stories from authors Gary A. Braunbeck, Mort Castle, Gemma Files and Cody Goodfellow.
“We are very excited about this book,” said Dark Arts Co-Publisher John Everson. “Once again we have an unbelievable lineup and some really incredible stories.”
As usual, Mighty Unclean will follow Dark Arts’ template of combining the best new fiction along with uncovering outstanding reprinted material from each of the four authors, and will be edited by Bill Breedlove.
One of the new story highlights is sure to be Gemma Files’ “The Speed of Pain,” a sequel to her earlier work, “The Emperor’s Old Bones” which won an International Horror Guild Award for best short story.
Cody Goodfellow, whose novel Jake’s Wake (with John Skipp) was recently published, has a story that Everson thinks will be garnering quite a bit of attention.
“I think a lot of people are going to be talking about ‘Venus of Santa Cruz,’” said Everson. “It’s one of the most bizarre and extreme stories we ever published, and we have published some really bizarre and extreme stuff!”
Add in the contributions from multiple-Stoker Award winner Gary A. Braunbeck and living legend Mort Castle, and this release looks to be Dark Arts’ most compelling book yet.
Mighty Unclean is available for pre-order at Dark Arts website.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009