Author Michael Vance was interviewed by author and radio DJ Mark Justice on a recent Pod of Horror. The subject of the interview was a new novel by Vance, Weird Horror Tales, that is an homage to pulp magazines from the ‘20s, ‘30s, and ‘40s.
“My stories are founded on the premise that there is something larger than our narrow view of reality,” said Vance. “Each interconnected story shares setting, history, prominent families, and a macro plot. The stories also focus on the Azrealites, a religious cult that works tirelessly to reinstate that ‘Other’ on Earth through science and the occult.”
Vance has written for national and international magazines, and as a syndicated columnist and cartoonist in over 500 newspapers. His history book, Forbidden Adventures, has been called a “benchmark in comics history.” He briefly ghosted an internationally syndicated comic strip, wrote his own strip and several comic books.
The cover artist, Keith Birdsong is famous for his extremely realistic covers for Star Trek novels, on Hamilton Collection collectors’ plates, and on U.S. Postage stamps. The interior illustrations are by artist Earl Geier, best known for his horror, fantasy and science fiction artwork. He has illustrated role playing games, books, magazines, and comic books.
The publisher of Weird Horror Tales, Cornerstone Book Publishers, also publishes Masonic and esoteric books, selected pulp fiction, art literature, limited children’s books, and poetry collections.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013