The Wagner/Cuban Companies’ Magnet Releasing has announced that it has acquired US rights to the sci-fi/action epic, Mutant Chronicles. With an impressive ensemble cast, including Thomas Jane (The Mist), Ron Perlman (Hellboy), Devon Aoki (Sin City) and John Malkovich, Mutant Chronicles boasts incredible special effects and riveting, action-packed battle sequences in a painstakingly crafted post-apocalyptic landscape. An Edward R. Pressman production directed by Simon Hunter and written by Philip Eisner, the film is long anticipated by fans of the Mutant Chronicles intellectual property, which is owned by Paradox Entertainment and based on a classic role-playing game that has already inspired card games, video games, novels, comic books and collectible miniatures. As part of the Wagner/Cuban Companies’ Ultra VOD program, Mutant Chronicles will premiere on VOD on Friday, March 27th, 2009, followed by a theatrical release in select cities on Friday, April 24th.
Mutant Chronicles is set in the year 2707, on an unrecognizable Earth where a war is raging between four giant corporations who control the planet as they battle over the planet’s dwindling resources. This war is soon rendered irrelevant when an errant bomb shatters an ancient buried seal, releasing a horrific mutant army from its prison deep within the earth. As the mutant scourge threatens human extinction, a squad of ragged soldiers, led by Mitch Hunter (Thomas Jane), descends into the earth in a last ditch effort to destroy the mutants and save mankind.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009