Dunn-Rite Productions, Southern Fried Films & Swim with the Fish Productions are gearing up for a spring release of Madison County.
The movie is about a group of college students that travel to a remote, mountain town called Madison County to interview the author of a tell-all book on the accounts of the grisly murders that happened in the town over two decades ago. Upon their arrival, the author is no where to be found and the townspeople state that they’ve “not seen him in years.” They also deny that Damien Ewell, the notorious murderer, ever existed and that the murders never happened. As the kids start to dig around to get their own answers, they come to find that the stories, and Damien, maybe more real than the townspeople are letting on.
Here’s the trailer:
Produced by a team of filmmakers with an average age of 25, Madison County showcases an extraordinary ability to make a Hollywood quality film on a shoe-string budget. Referring to themselves as, “The filmmakers for today’s economy”, the film was Produced for well under $80,000. The team behind Madison County has taken advantage of their resources and put together a well crafted film that is reminiscent of the budding years of horror cinema. Having already been mentioned in the same breath as The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Halloween and Friday the 13th, Madison County is sure to be the start of a cult franchise for the ages.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013