In typically atypical fashion, Dark Arts Books launched its fourth title, the obliquely named Like A Chinese Tattoo last week at the World Horror Convention in Salt Lake City by staging … what else? A late night Pajama Party. The book follows the press’ unconventional approach, melding extremely dark fiction with over-the-top humorous horror.
For fans of JA Konrath’s Jack Daniels mystery series, this four-author collection includes a Harry McGlade novella, “The Necro Files!” (McGlade also appears in Suckers, the new Delirium chapbook co-written by Konrath with another Dark Arts alum, Jeff Strand.) In addition to the hysterical, that’s-just-so-wrong! “Necro Files,” the book offers Rick R. Reed’s dark revenge tale “Moving Toward the Light,” David Thomas Lord’s deceptively creepy “The White Room” and Cullen Bunn’s darkly horrifying “Tomorrow, When The Demons Come” (as well as “Granny Kisses,” one of Cullen’s insanely twisted WHC Gross-Out stories!) And those are just a few of the 12 offerings.
To Learn more and/or order: Like A Chinese Tattoo
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009