For the Legends of the Mountain State 4 anthology, editor Michael Knost says, “I do not want stories with legends or ghosts already covered in previous editions of this series. Reading the other books is a great way to see what I am buying. Stories must expand a known legend/ghost tale from the state of West Virginia.”
“You do not need to be a West Virginian to submit, but you will need to keep the story (and legend/ghost) true to the state. All stories should include real towns and counties from the Mountain State. Do not tell us the biography of a legend/ghost–tell us a story with the legend or ghost at story’s center.”
“We are looking for tales with a solid plot and good character development. Stories should grab the reader’s attention quickly and hold it until the end. We want powerful and emotional tales that are creepy, chilling, disturbing, and moody. However, we do not want stories containing explicit language or content.”
To 2000 words; pays 5¢/word + copy, on publication for First World Anthology Rights for publication in the English language anywhere in the world. No reprints; no multiple or simultaneous subs. E-mail subs only (.DOC or .RTF attachments). The trade paperback will be out September 1, 2010 from Woodland Press. [E-mail: LOTMS4@yahoo.com; Complete Guidelines]. Deadline: April 1, 2010.
Courtesy of The Gila Queen’s Guide to Markets. Hellnotes special: 20 issues for only $18. Just mention Hellnotes to get this great deal.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013