With over five million copies sold worldwide of the first two novels in Koontz’s proposed Frankenstein trilogy, the graphic adaptation produced by the Dabel Brothers of Frankenstein, Book 1 is set to arrive on shelves in February, 2008.
If the Dabel Brothers can be accused of anything in life, it’s in thinking big. They stunned the comic book world in 2003 with their graphic adaptation of George R. R. Martin’s The Hedge Knight. They upped the ante when they joined forces with Marvel Comics to produce Laurell K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter, which immediately became one of the bestselling graphic novels of 2007 within one month from publication.
Today Les and Ernst Dabel announced that their next wave of comic book adaptations of popular novels will include one of the bestselling novels of the decade: an adaptation of Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein Book 1: Prodigal Son!
Says Dean Koontz: “I’m delighted that Frankenstein will come to life in comic book form, and that the project is being guided by such capable hands as those of the Dabel Brothers. I usually don’t say things like ‘they rock,’ but it’s inescapable: ‘they rock.'”
The first issue of the comic book is set to arrive on shelves in February, 2008. The series will be monthly and will eventually adapt both novels in the series published to date.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009