Tripwire Interactive is pleased to announce that a brand-new free update for their successful co-op sci-fi horror FPS game, KILLING FLOOR 2, is available now for PC via Steam as well as the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®4 Pro computer entertainment systems. The brand-new Descent Content Pack marks a significant update for KILLING FLOOR 2 since the game’s full release last fall and promises a whole new world of carnage. Today’s content pack update for KILLING FLOOR 2 contains two brand-new maps, including one that completely shakes up the game, as well as two brand-new weapons for players to blast away the oncoming hordes of deadly Zeds!
The Descent Content Pack features the namesake map, the Descent, which is an all-new type of map never seen in KILLING FLOOR 2 before. The Descent map introduces the new Holdout sub-mode into Survival and will drop players into a new random battle location each wave, making them vulnerable to the horrific Zeds hoping to catch them off-guard. In addition, as a show of its commitment to their devoted and talented fan base, Tripwire has included the community-made Nuked map into its official line-up.
Additionally, the Descent Content Pack includes two brand-new weapons for players to gear up and fire off. Fans of the original KILLING FLOOR will be excited to see the return of the Spitfires, which will see its induction back for single and dual flare gun revolvers for the Firebug perk. An additional weapon makes its introduction into the franchise, the Stoner 63a LMG is a light machine gun allowing for long sustained firepower.
Available now with the release of the Descent Content Pack , players will be able to further explore the horrific world of KILLING FLOOR 2 with brand new features. A full detailed list of all content additions, bug fixes and tuning can be found on the Official KILLING FLOOR 2 Game Group on Steam.
The brand-new Descent Content Pack for KILLING FLOOR 2 includes the following:
- New Maps and Mode – the Descent, an all-new map featuring the new Holdout sub-mode in Survival that descends players to a new random location each wave, and Nuked, a community-made map that is now featured in the official lineup
- New Weapons – The Spitfires, a fan-favorite from the original KILLING FLOOR, and Stoner 63a LMG which is a light machine gun that has long sustained fire
- New Trophy Update – a new Trophy update on PlayStation Store Network that contains new trophies for recently released maps
In celebration of today’s release of the Descent Content Pack , the digital version of KILLING FLOOR 2 will be on sale for 33% off on the North American PlayStation Store Network starting now through March 28th. KILLING FLOOR 2 will also begin its first ever Free Trial Week on PSN through the same dates indicated above. Today’s new Descent Content Pack is included in the Free Week Trial Version!
KILLING FLOOR 2 will also be featured on Steam with a Free Weekend and 50% off sale starting Thursday, March 23 at 10AM PST/1PM EST through Monday, March 27 at 10AM PST/1PM EST.
And if that’s not enough, Tripwire is also running a 25% off sale over at the Official Tripwire Merch Store! Simply visit the store here ( https://tripwire.manheadmerch.com/) and use the promo code ZED when checking out to get your discount. The sales lasts until April 30th, 2017.
Tripwire Interactive is committed to listening and engaging with their fans for feedback and encourages players to post their feedback in the Official KILLING FLOOR 2 Forums and be sure to join the Official KILLING FLOOR 2 Game Group on Steam.
In KILLING FLOOR 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though… a group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
KILLING FLOOR 2 is developed by Tripwire Interactive and is published by Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive for the PlayStation®4 Pro, PlayStation®4, and PC. This title has been rated M by the ESRB, PEGI 18, USK 18.
- Steam Has Just Gotten ‘Remothered: Tormented Fathers’ - April 25, 2017
- The Latest Promo For ‘Twin Peaks’ Talks About “The Darkness of Future Past” - April 24, 2017
- The Eleventh Season Of ‘The X-Files’ Has Some Retro Teaser Art - April 24, 2017
- The ‘Flesh of the Void’ Trailer Is Strangely Creepy - April 23, 2017
- The Jigsaw Murders – Blu-ray/DVD Release on May 30th, 2017 - April 23, 2017
- Stranger With My Face International Film Festival Releases Poster and Further Program Highlights! - April 23, 2017
- ‘Unearthed and Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary’ to Show on Home Entertainment Formats in Late 2017! - April 22, 2017
- Final Previews for the ‘Bates Motel’ Finale! - April 22, 2017
- The Belko Experiment Gets A June Release Date - April 22, 2017
- Evil Corrupts Burbank with Director J. Horton’s ‘5 Sins:’ Early Casting Details - April 21, 2017