JournalStone is making a splash in the indie horror genre with the books they are publishing and the authors they are signing. I must add a disclaimer here. Hellnotes is part of the JournalStone family. With that being said, their new project, Limbus, Inc., looks to be a winner.
Listen to one of the contributing authors, Jonathan Maberry, as he discusses the project with Publishers Weekly.
Below is the synopsis for the book:
“LIMBUS, INC., a shadowy employment agency, operates at the edge of the normal world. Its recruitment methods are haphazard to the ordinary eye: a tattered flyer taped to a power pole, a display ad in the Yellow Pages that keeps changing, an Internet popup ad that won’t go away. Who, or what, will they recruit next?
The murky world of LIMBUS, INC. beckons the laid-off, the downsized, the desperate. LIMBUS’s employees are just as suspicious and ephemeral as the motives of the company.
Job offers vary greatly in their particulars: one might find anything from a high-level assassination to a seemingly simple cat-sitting job and all the worlds of horror/dark fantasy in between.
A “found” business card reads:
Are you laid off, downsized, undersized?
Call us. We employ. 1-800-555-0606
How lucky do you feel?
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015