Jonathan Maberry Speaks about Limbus, Inc. from JournalStoneposted by Russ Thompson
JournalStone is making a splash in the indie horror genre with the books they are publishing and the authors they are signing. I must add a disclaimer here. Hellnotes is part of the JournalStone family. With that being said, their new project, Limbus, Inc., looks to be a winner.
Listen to one of the contributing authors, Jonathan Maberry, as he discusses the project with Publishers Weekly.
Below is the synopsis for the book:
“LIMBUS, INC., a shadowy employment agency, operates at the edge of the normal world. Its recruitment methods are haphazard to the ordinary eye: a tattered flyer taped to a power pole, a display ad in the Yellow Pages that keeps changing, an Internet popup ad that won’t go away. Who, or what, will they recruit next?
The murky world of LIMBUS, INC. beckons the laid-off, the downsized, the desperate. LIMBUS’s employees are just as suspicious and ephemeral as the motives of the company.
Job offers vary greatly in their particulars: one might find anything from a high-level assassination to a seemingly simple cat-sitting job and all the worlds of horror/dark fantasy in between.
A “found” business card reads:
Are you laid off, downsized, undersized?
Call us. We employ. 1-800-555-0606
How lucky do you feel?
About Russ Thompson
- Horror in a Hundred – The Tapestry by Walt Hicks - February 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Cold Soak by Thomas Kleaton - February 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Lonely at the Bottom by Craig Peterson - February 21, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Welcome to the Full Moon Salon! by Terrie Leigh Relf - February 20, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Last Night on Drury Lane by David Wing - February 17, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Him by David Wing - February 16, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Twilight by Jack Koebnig - February 15, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – After Hours at the Blood Bank by Terrie Leigh Relf - February 14, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Mr Brown by Jack Koebnig - February 13, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – A Prison Inside Us by Sheldon Woodbury - February 12, 2015