Launching the “Moonlake Series Horror Stories,” writer/director Dan Fogler (who acted in Balls of Fury and Fanboys) and NYC theater troupe Stage 13 have created a hilarious horror lampoon of the stuck-in-a-cabin-with-the-phone-lines-cut-and-the-car-battery-dead ilk. “Moon Lake has been a hotbed of evil activities for centuries,” our droll, Hitchcockesque narrator tells us in an inventively animated preamble to the live-action splatterfest that’s about to unfold. The site of some ancient, angry goings-down between the moon and the earth, rural Moon Lake now holds the strongest amount of insanity-inducing lunar radiation on the planet. When a New York theater troupe travels to those snowy woods to “find themselves,” one by one, each member begins to get killed. But who is the killer among them? Did the lunar radiation turn one of the thespians into a crazy killer? And what’s up with the groundskeeper and his deaf-mute sister?
Hysterical Psycho plays with horror clichés and results in some uproarious scenes, but Fogler doesn’t scrimp on the thrills and kills. It’s his ability to merge the horror with the laughs seamlessly that ultimately makes Hysterical Psycho such a bloody good time.
You can catch an interview with the director here: Dan Fogler Interview
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009