From the press release:
Pittsburgh, PA – June 11, 2013 – Horror Realm’s annual Summer of Scares begins in June, with multiple entertainment and charity events each month leading up to the fifth anniversary convention in September.
First up is the previously announced charity screening of George Romero’s “Martin” to benefit Scares That Care. The benefit takes place on Saturday, June 22 at the Hollywood Theater in Dormont (1449 Potomac Avenue). Doors open at 6 PM. Actor John Amplas, who stars as the title character, will be appearing along with Michael Gornick (Director of Photography) and Tony Buba (Sound). Tickets are $10 for general admission and $25 for admission plus an autographed collectible poster, and may be purchased at http://www.showclix.com/event/HRF13-5thAnniversaryConvention.
A Zombie Luau will be held on Friday, June 28 at PJ’s Tropical Pool Bar located at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South (164 Fort Couch Road, Bethel Park). Admission is free for zombies age 18 and older with proper ID. The Muzik Machine DJ Service will play at 7 PM followed by local rockabilly/gothabilly band The Devilz in the Detailz at 9 PM. The bar will offer a special on Duquesne Beer, which is sponsoring the event, and will have an outdoor BBQ menu available. Commemorative photos by Angela Rocco Photography will be available for purchase.
Other Summer of Scares events include a scavenger hunt, additional film screenings and a horror fan flea market. Details will be announced as they are available.
Horror Realm celebrates its fifth anniversary in 2013. Guests for the fall convention on September 20-22 at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South include Heather Langenkamp and Amanda Wyss from “Nightmare on Elm Street”, Nicholas Brendan from TV’s “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”, Nivek Ogre of the band Skinny Puppy, actress PJ Soles and legendary wrestling manager JJ Dillon. For a full guest list or more information, visit www.horrorrealmcon.com.
About Horror Realm:
Horror Realm, established in 2009, produces a spring and fall horror convention each year in Pittsburgh, PA. In addition to the conventions, Horror Realm also produces horror-themed entertainment and charity events in the area, including film screenings, author signings and art shows. Charities supported by Horror Realm have included Scares That Care, Fix The Chapel, Friends of the Hollywood Theater, The Bradley Center, Animal Rescue League, Pittsburgh Action Against Rape and Shepherd Wellness Community. www.horrorrealmcon.com
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015